This has happened to all of us at some point of time…
You suddenly hear a loud scream and you run towards it
Only to find your spouse has spotted a big black spider at some corner of house or outside living area.
(BTW the fear of spiders is known as arachnophobia)
Spiders are the most creepiest, mischievous, deadly and harmful creatures that you can encounter.
If you have ever been troubled by this 8 leg creature or someone close to you has screamed and bitten by this unwanted visitor you must read this
We are going to share some of the ways that can help you keep spiders away and get rid of them from your living room and outside most of the times.
These advices and repellents will work on most occasions except when it’s really humid and temperatures are either too high or too low.
To keep spiders away from home and outside areas like patio/swimming pool/ lawns you need to give them a reason for not liking these places.
- Use outdoor lights to minimum, lights attract insects that Spiders like to eat.
- Fill all open spaces & cracks in window ledges or door frames.
- Keeping eucalyptus around the area to get rid of spiders. They hate it.
- Make a homemade spider repellent from table salt and water and spray frequently.
- Clean the gutters so that blockages don’t create safe places for insects to get in through gaps.
- Clean and repair deck or porch regularly to keep small invaders from making homes in the cracks.
- Mix herbs such as tea tree oil, lavender, citronella, citrus, peppermint, and cinnamon with water to get rid of spiders.
There are many spider repellents available in market which you can try but make sure they are kids & pet friendly!
- Spider Repellents: Repellents are available for both indoor and outdoor use. These products can be sprayed on plants so when spiders come into contact with the plants, they are poisoned. Natural repellents like chestnut extract won’t harm plants, but spiders will avoid areas with this extract because they don’t like it.
- Contact Sprays: Spraying contact sprays on webs and existing spiders will kill them. Contact sprays may not be completely effective, however, because spiders often make webs in secluded and hidden areas.
- Aerosol Sprays: Aerosol sprays are an effective control method in basements and garages where spiders spin their webs.
- Web Eliminators: This product sprays onto surfaces such as wood, paint, brick, and metal and prevents spiders from attaching webs to these surfaces.
If a spider infestation occurs, hire a professional exterminator to safely and effectively get rid of them. Professional extermination companies use pest control programs that are both safe and effective. A nearby spider exterminator will solve the problem, killing potentially dangerous spiders in and around the outside of a house. They can even stop infestations of a deck and porch.
P.S: Spider Docktor specialises in spider elimination. Know more about our unique spider elimination product
Natural Spider-Killing Plants and Repellents
Many plants are effective at repelling spiders with their leaves and flowers. Planting eucalyptus, garlic, cilantro, and Osage oranges both indoors and outdoors can be helpful for preventing spider infestations. Scattering chestnuts near doorways and on window may also keep spiders from entering a home. Try these natural repellent recipes to control spiders, too.
- Crush two or three garlic cloves and add to a spray bottle filled with water. Spray liberally around the outside of a home.
- Mix peppermint oil with water; spray this mixture around doors and window sills to keep spiders outside.
- Crush tomato leaves and add to a spray bottle filled with water. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator and spray liberally as needed.
- Make a natural spider repellent with five drops of citronella and lemon dish soap. Spray infested areas with this natural repellent.
- Burn citronella candles to keep spiders away.
- Mix lemon and tobacco and sprinkle the solution liberally to eliminate spiders.
- Combine five drops of tea tree oil, 1 ounce of neem oil, two tablespoons of dish soap, and enough warm water to fill a spray bottle. Spray this solution in areas where you see spiders.
- Purchase plug-in spider repellents and use them in electrical sockets where you notice spiders. The ultrasonic sound waves of these repellents will keep spiders away, and the devices won’t affect humans and pets.
Apply spider-killing sprays around the outdoor foundation of a house and indoors around the baseboards. Make sure you apply the spray liberally around all crevices and cracks, including windows, doorways, and garage entryways. These sprays will also help control spiders around outdoor landscaping such as retaining walls, rocks, and flower gardens. The sprays are invisible, yet they repel spiders effectively.
Insecticides and Electronic Repellents to Eliminate Spiders
Insecticides are readily available in stores and garden centers. These products have ingredients that will kill arachnids by attacking their nervous systems. These insecticides are available as liquid, powder, and dust solutions. Always use safety gear when handling and applying these chemicals to protect skin, eyes, and clothing and keep your childrens and pets away
- Dust Insecticide: Dust product are very effective in spider control as they enable you to reach cracks and crevices where spiders can hide.
- Powder Insecticide: Powder insecticide are perfectly suited for spot treatments to prevent spiders. Powder products are ideal for both indoors and outdoors where spiders are visible.
- Liquid Insecticide: Liquid insecticide can help you create boundaries. It’s possible to cover large areas with a liquid spray. Two liquid insecticides suitable for outdoor use are Talstar P and Temprid SC.
- Electronic Repellents: Electronic devices can work both indoors and outdoors very effectively to eliminate spiders. As they do not contain any chemicals, are considered safe to use around childrens and pets.
Get a free inspection and $150 coupon to get rid of spider from Spider Docktor’s unique mist based system that is safer for childrens and pests and never worry about spiders anymore.